When producing FDM® parts that will be installed in user-facing applications, or when FDM prototypes need to have a more interesting appearance, surface profile and finish are critical. Texturing a part file allows for a unique pattern or design to be built directly into part surfaces, reducing the layer line visibility as well as post-processing time. Coatings and paint can be applied directly to the textured surface to create a finished part.
• Improve printed appearance
- Appearance can mimic injection molded parts, similar to surfaces produced by
Mold-Tech patterns in injection molding
• Reduce post-processing
• Customization capabilities
• Ability to build branding into the part
• Match textured parts already in production
For more information, download the full best practices document here.